First steps with Sandy
The following points will help you get Sandy up and running. Let's get started.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Installing the Sandy app
Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dokoki.babysleepguard.mobile
Note: The app is compatible with Android, version 7 and higher.
iOS App: https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/mysandy/id1515084796
Note: The app is compatible with iOS 12.3 and higher, i.e. on iPhone 5S and higher.
Accept the permissions that the Sandy app asks for.
- Record Bluetooth and device location: Only needed to connect to Sandy.
- Take pictures and record videos: Used only for scanning the QR code.
- Microphone: To enable 2-way communication
- Network: Necessary for Sandy connection and setup
3. Set up a user account
- You can set up a new account via "Register with email".
- To set it up, all you need is an email address where you can receive the confirmation email.
4. Set up Sandy
- The app guides you step by step through how Sandy works and is connected.
- Important: During the set-up process, Sandy must be sitting on the charging cradle.
- Press the power button on the back of Sandy for 1 second.
- Sandy® will show you a unique QR code to link to your user account.
- After scanning the code, select your Wi-Fi network (not Ethernet) and enter your password.
- Read & accept the test agreement
- Restart Sandy (press and hold the power button on the touchscreen until your eyes close).
- Now reboot Sandy with the power button on the backside
- At the end of the setup process, you can enter your child's profile to personalise Sandy.
- Done, Sandy is ready to use.
5. Use Sandy
You will find the most important functions on the home screen:
- Start music, switch on the night light, connect to video and audio.
- Use the arrow buttons at the right end of the sliders to open the settings for the music and the night light.
- In the lower button bar you will find, among other things, the settings for the app and the option to change your account data.